HARDWARE AND PROGRAMMING
How do I get started with Epec products?
Instructions for getting started can be found in Epec Programming and Libraries manual‘s section Getting Started.
- CODESYS 2.3 or CODESYS 3.5 Service Pack 13 (or 6)
- Epec SDK (see SDK Installation Guide), including:
- CAN card driver, for example Kvaser
- Epec CANmoon (diagnostics and CAN bus configuration tool for control units)
- For ISOBUS implementations:
- For safety related implementations:
- CODESYS 3.5 SP10 IDE (Setup_CODESYSV35SP10.exe)
- CODESYS Safety SIL2 126.96.36.199 package (CODESYS Safety SIL2 188.8.131.52.package)
- Download from Epec Extranet. For extranet credentials, contact email@example.com
- For Epec IoT solutions:
Where can I find programming information?
- See Epec Programming and Libraries manual.
- The manual’s programming section includes general programming instructions for all Epec products.
- Product specific programming instructions, for example, details about safety control unit’s I/O can be found from Programming SC52 Safety Control Unit > I/O Programming > I/O Variables.
- For known issues, see the manual’s Troubleshooting section.
- For further information, contact Epec customer support firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I find detailed hardware and cabling information?
- See product specific technical manuals. Technical manuals can be found from the Products page.
- Cabling instructions can be found in the manual’s Mechanics and Cabling section.
Do you provide accessories for the products?
How can I stay up to date, for example, about Epec product releases?
Do you offer an ISOBUS solution?
- ISOBUS VT client (VT version 2-3)
- ISOBUS TC client (TC version 3)
- ISOBUS Tractor-ECU (TECU class 1-2) interface
- ISOBUS Diagnostics
For programming information, see Epec Programming and Libraries manual’s section Programming ISOBUS.
Also check out the related blogs:
Piia Vedenjuoksu’s blog ISOBUS – interconnecting tractors and implements
Piia Vedenjuoksu’s and Juha Horttana’s blog Visiting AEF Plugfest 2017
Joonas Kaukola’s blog Designing an ISOBUS Virtual Terminal interface
Do you offer an IoT solution?
Do you have a SIL2 and PL d level safety product?
Yes, Epec SC52 safety control unit is a SIL2 and PL D Level safety product. Epec also provides pre-certified safety libraries and the tool chain for creating an application.
What is MultiTool and CANmoon?
Epec MultiTool is a free configuration tool for the whole control system. You can, for example, set I/O modes, initialize communication protocols and set up remote management. MultiTool then creates a CODESYS code template according to these configurations enabling fast and error-proof start for programming.
For more information, read:
Marko Takkula’s blog Optimize Time-To-Market with Epec MultiTool
Epec CANmoon is a free CAN diagnostics tool for Epec units and CAN bus. You can scan the CAN bus, configure Epec devices’ communication parameters, check hardware related information (such as hardware revision, firmware version and serial number), download application, update firmware and read parameter values.