minimize your machine down-time with Epec GatE, secure access solution for remote maintenance.
What is it about?
Epec GatE enables a secure VPN like connection from a remote user’s PC or smartphone to a machine. It is a secure gateway for all machine data. GatE consists of the client applications running in Epec 6000 series units and in the remote user’s PC. In addition, customer has access to GatE web portal to easily manage all the licenses, users and privileges.
GatE can be taken into use easily, with software update, also to existing machines on the field if there is any Epec 6000 series unit in the machine with Internet connection.
Together with Epec 6000 series units, GatE enables the use of various remote maintenance and debugging features, such as:
- Give technical support to local operator with the help of remote desktop using CODESYS WebVisu* or VNC.
- Update control system software or collect data by exchanging files with FTP.
- Troubleshoot complex application problems with remote CODESYS on-line debugging access to any ECU in sub networks.
- Access realtime diagnostics and maintenance data with your smartphone or PC, such as I/O interface statuses and error log, in visual format using CODESYS WebVisu*
(*additional license needed for WebVisu).
- Epec 6000 series unit (6107 display / 6112 display / 6200 remote access unit)
with an Internet connection
- GatE client application (available on Epec Extranet, for extranet credentials, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Epec SDK package (available on Epec Extranet)
- GatE license
GatE can be taken into use easily with software update. It can be taken into use also also on existing machines on the field if there is an Epec 6000 series unit in the machine with Internet connection.
It is affordable
- Epec offers GatE as service running in Epec hosted cloud server, meaning minimum initial investments for the customer.
- If there is a Epec 6000 series product already in the machine, GatE can be taken into use with a software update without any additional hardware.
- Licensing is based on an affordable one-time device and user license fees.
It is fast
- Customer is given access to GatE portal and can immediately start using the service, no server installations or configurations are needed.
- All necessary applications for the Epec 6000 series unit can be downloaded from Epec Extranet (for extranet credentials, contact email@example.com)
- CODEYS library is provided in Epec SDK to easily initialize the access to GatE, Epec provides instructions how to include GatE to your application.
It is secure
- End-to-end secure communication, 3rd party security certificate.
- Easy to use built-in firewall in Epec 6000 series units to prevent unauthorized access.
Secure access solution for remote maintenance.
minimize your machine down-time with Epec GatE
Bring it on!
All Epec control units are designed and manufactured to withstand harsh conditions:
high mechanical shocks and vibration, heat, cold and different chemicals.