Software development environment
Application software development tools
Epec’s goal is to make control system application development easy, fast and error-proof for our customers. To accomplish this, Epec has developed a set of helpful software development tools:
The related Epec application programming libraries comply with fuctional safety requirements set by the EU Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. More information.
1st step: Application Development Tool – Epec MultiTool Creator
Configuration starts with Epec MultiTool Creator:
- A configuration tool that makes programming fast and error-proof
- Just add in the control units you have in your system and configure their I/O interface, CAN communication settings, different CAN protocols, diagnostics and communication to Epec Connectivity solutions (link to connectivity page).
- MultiTool Creator generates a code template that can be used in application programming
2nd step: Epec Application Programming Libraries
Open the code template that MultiTool Creator generated and continue programming using Epec Application Programming libraries.
- Epec libraries include ready-to-use programming blocks for commonly used sensors and actuators, such as encoders, joysticks, proportional valves, connected to either control unit I/O or CAN interface
- All Epec libraries have been built to work seamlessly together
- Using libraries shortens the programming time and reduce programming errors
3rd step: Simulated Testing Tool – Epec MultiTool Simulator
MultiTool Simulator is a virtual testing environment for Epec cntrol systems enabling:
- Accelerated SW design:
• Start the development earlier without the actual HW
• Tests can be automated or run remotely
• Quick and easy configuring
- Less / no hardware simulators
- Less development testing on the actual machine
- Software-in-the-loop (SIL) testing
- Seamless integration between Epec software tools
- Multiple users using the same simulated system
- Python API to control machine functions, automated testing and to build test UIs:
• Qt, Python, Robot Framework etc.
For more detailed information, see Epec MultiTool Simulator
Diagnostic Tool – Epec MultiTool Diagnoser
Epec MultiTool Diagnoser is a diagnostics tool to monitor, diagnose and configure devices connected on CAN bus.
- Download application to Epec devices
- Update firmware to Epec devices
- Read hardware related information from devices (such as hardware revision, firmware version and serial number)
- Adjust communication and application parameters
- Monitor CAN messages and save for offline diagnostics
- MultiTool Diagnoser works seamlessly with other Epec software development tools to maximize the productivity in control system project development
Epec MultiTool Creator
The easiest way to configure a control system
Improve your time-to-market thanks to automatic generation of tested & validated code templates.
tested, designed and produced in finland.
Epec control systems are made 100% in Finland. We are a control system expert, specializing in intelligent control systems and information systems for even the most demanding conditions. Epec’s organization and processes have been fine tuned to cooperate with large international customers.