Epec SC52 Safety Control Unit
EPEC SC52 SAFETY CONTROL UNIT
Epec SC52 is a state-of-the-art controller for safety-related systems in mobile machinery. Outputs in SC52 have a high-side current measurement, so only one I/O pin is needed to control proportional valves.
SC52 offers a flexible solution for software-based safety function implementation. Together with the SC52 controller, Epec offers a set of pre-certified PLCopen application libraries in order to reduce customer’s safety related software development effort.
- Up to SIL2 (IEC 61508:2010 and IEC 62061:2005) and PLd/Cat 3 (ISO 13849-1:2015), as a stand-alone controller
- Support for Cat2 architecture when using intelligent safety certified sensors
- Processor: 32 bit multicore CPU with lock-step and memory protection
- Flash memory: 8 Mbyte
- RAM: 512 kbyte
- PLCopen application size: up to 1024 kbyte
- CAN: 2
- I/O: 22 (14 inputs + 8 outputs)
- IP class: IP67
- Temperature range: -40 … + 85 °C
-40 … +185 °F
- Connectors: 1 x AMP 35
- CODESYS version: 3.5 SP10
- CODESYS V3 Safety SIL 2 programming
- Supported CAN protocols: CANopen, CANopen Safety, SAEJ1939
- CANopen Safety protocol for safety-related communication according to EN50325-5
- Extensive set of pre-certified PLCopen libraries for safety related applications
- Three-colored diagnostic LED for quick status check and fault detection
|Technical Manual||MAN000676 (Coming soon)|
|Safety Manual||(Coming soon)|
|Programming Manual||(Coming soon)|
|5 V REF||2|
|PWM / DO||8|
|AI / DI||5|
|AI / DI (CAT2)||5|
|AI / DI / PI||4|
|CODESYS version||3.5 SP10|
tested, designed and produced in finland.
Epec control systems are made 100% in Finland. We are a control system expert, specializing in intelligent control systems and information systems for even the most demanding conditions. Epec’s organization and processes have been fine tuned to cooperate with large international customers.