Epec SL84 Safety Control Unit
EPEC SL84 SAFETY CONTROL UNIT
SL84 is a general purpose controller intended for typical machine safety functions, for example prevention of unexpected
movement or safety related stop-function. The unit is functional safety certified * up to performance level PLd Cat. 2 according
to IEC 13849-1:2015 and SIL 2 according to IEC 61508:2010 and IEC 62061:2005.
SL84 is utilizing up-to-date safety technology with32-bit multi-core lockstep safety CPU and memory protection for the application. The unit is designed for extreme environments, the full aluminum enclosure and LEAVYSEAL connectors
grants IP69k protection rating, shocks and vibrations up to 100G and excellent EMI / EMC performance.
Together with SL84 controller Epec offers a set of pre-certified safety libraries and SW tools to optimize customers machine time to market.
- Safety performance up to SIL2 (IEC 61508:2010 and IEC 62061:2005) and PL d Cat. 2 (ISO 13849-1:2015), as a stand-alone controller *
- Processor: 32 bit multicore CPU with lock-step and memory protection
- Flash memory: 8 Mbyte
- RAM: 512 kbyte
- Non- volatile RAM 16kbyte
- PLCopen application size: up to 1,8 Mbyte
- CAN: 2
- CAN wake-up
- I/O: 69 (35 inputs + 34 outputs)
- 26 GND pins
- IP class: IP69k
- Temperature range: -40 … + 85 °C
-40 … +185 °F
- Connectors: 1 x LEAVYSEAL 21 pins + 2 x LEAVYSEAL 46 pins
- CODESYS version: 3.5 SP10
- CODESYS V3 Safety SIL 2 programming
- Supported CAN protocols: CANopen, CANopen Safety, SAEJ1939
- CANopen Safety protocol for safety-related communication according to EN50325-5
- Extensive set of pre-certified PLCopen libraries for safety related applications
- Three-colored diagnostic LED for quick status check and fault detection
|Symbol / Name||Explanation|
|CE||This product complies with the requirements set in the CE Standard.|
|E17||This product is certified with normal automotive (E17) EMC (electromagnetic compatibility) standards.|
tested, designed and produced in finland.
Epec control systems are made 100% in Finland. We are a control system expert, specializing in intelligent control systems and information systems for even the most demanding conditions. Epec’s organization and processes have been fine tuned to cooperate with large international customers.