EPEC ACTIVE PDU
Traction voltage POWER DISTRIBUTION UNIT FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLES TRACTION AND AUXLIARY HIGH VOLTAGE SYSTEMS INCLUDING:
- Active unit include traction voltage contactors and contactor controls with Voltage and current measurement units.
- Pre-charging circuit to balance voltage levels before and after contactors
- Service charging circuit with contactor switching
- High voltage circuit insulation resistance measurement & monitoring
- Fuse protection for high and low current component output
- Hazardous voltage interlock loop (HVIL)
|CANopen interface ( SAE 1939 support also )
|12 or 24V operating voltage for PDU controller
|1000 V optional
|250 A (RMS)
|4x High current IO (250A RMS)
3x Low current IO(30A RMS)
|IO’s and connection types can be varied based on customer need
|All connections IPXXB, service switch included
|Service switch with main fuse or without
|Main contactors for battery IO separation
|600A max switching current
|Full HV-system monitoring,
|Alarming limit: min 500 kΩ
|Voltage (Battery and HV grid)
Current (Battery and HV grid)
|Covers and connectors included
|Safety lid included ( min10s safety time from cover opening) redundant cover opening circuit.
|High current IO up to 500A /900Vdc
Low current IO up to 50A /900Vdc
|Fuse sizing shall be done at integration project with customer
|Optionally functional safety level PLd / Sil 2 compliant controller
|In operation -40 °C to +60 °C
IP67 and IP69K
Max 2000 m
|Designed for harsh environment
|A-sample: 632,9x369,1x173,0 mm
|Output power (continuous)
|100- 225 kW
|632,9 x 369,1 x 173,0 mm
|Mounting to vehicle
|All other orientation allowed than Cables upside and service switch upside.
|Customer designed brackets
Main dimensions illustrate prototype development status and may subject to change.
• Control unit: Epec
• Insulation monitoring
• Voltage measurement
• Current measurement
• Main contactors: 600 A
• Pre-charge and charging relay: 100 A
• Service switch: 350-500 A
• Temperature measurement inside PDU
• HVIL loop for all connectors and covers
tested, designed and produced in finland.
Epec control systems are made 100% in Finland. We are a control system expert, specializing in intelligent control systems and information systems for even the most demanding conditions. Epec’s organization and processes have been fine tuned to cooperate with large international customers.
Bring it on!
All Epec control units are designed and manufactured to withstand harsh conditions:
high mechanical shocks and vibration, heat, cold and different chemicals.